Book Tour Diary Entry

Good heavens! I realized this morning that in all the flurry of this book tour, I have not blogged in almost 4 weeks! Apologies, dear readers. I am back from my tour and have lots to share, so much in fact, that I am going to have to break it down into several posts. I hope you'll stay tuned for what looks like posts that will span a few weeks.

First stop was a day at the International World Fest in beautiful downtown Louisville, KY. I met so many people there and had a great time learning about new customs and foods. Matt and I tasted the difference between Coca-Cola made here in the good old US of A and the stuff made in Mexico - BIG difference in taste due to the fact that they don't use high-fructose corn syrup in Mexico. I'm not a coke drinker myself, but Matt loves the stuff. Mexico, here we come!

I sold a few books here, but more importantly, we came to support our Native family who were performing here at the indigenous tent. (Pics of their performance were posted to my Facebook page and are no longer on my phone to post here!) 

I also met some important people who will be instrumental in future filming here in this state. Very excited about that!


    World Fest 2012, Louisville, KY


Outdoor dining at its finest!



The actual book tour started on September 15th, with a trip to Westpoint, KY. where I set up at Westpoint River Days, a fabulous small-town event full of re-enactors, carnival rides, a parade, food, and fun. I met new friends and visited with old ones there, as well!




I debuted my new banner here and it looks great.
I must admit, it was pretty weird seeing my name on a huge banner. Typically, I'm not one for putting myself out there like that, but I know if I want to be successful at this, I'm going to have to!


 Well, that's all for now. I'll be posting again soon with the next leg of the trip, which was Mankato, MN., home of the Dakota 38, and also the fictitious town of Moccasin Flats from my novel "Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller."

Til next time, have a great week and always remember, life ain't life without love, peace and frybread grease!

~LP


Popular Posts