Happy July and Saying Goodbye to Facebook

Happy July! Well, July is almost over now but anyway.....

So, I've said goodbye to Facebook. Don't know if I'll go back or not. At this point, there is just too much going on in my life to keep up. Plus, I have grown weary of the social media circus. 

Everyone is brave on Facebook. They do and say things they would never dream of doing or saying to someone's face. (Well, some might but I like to think the majority wouldn't) The mean and cruel things I see there was part of my reason for leaving. My block list had hundreds of names....what kind of fun social media experience was I really having? 

The horrific photos and videos people post was another reason. Yes, you can turn off autoplay for videos, but even reading the headline was enough to invoke a reaction in my PTSD. (I have made it no secret that I am a sufferer) Dogs skinned alive, videos of people murdered on live feeds, shootings, racists starting trouble because you're too white, too black, not enough Indian blood et al....it's just too much. I can't stand it anymore and so I left.

I also deleted several pages. I've taken down the genealogy page and a few other pages, as well. Matthew is no longer featured anywhere on Facebook. We are not Facebook stars, nor do we want to be. 

How will this affect book sales? Selling books is how I make money! (God knows I have worked tirelessly doing my own marketing for the past 10 years on social media.) I don't know how it will affect things. Book sales are down and have been for a while. I stopped blogging. I stopped marketing. I stopped publishing books. I put Scattered Leaves back out in late winter but never marketed it, really. I was burnt out on the hell I went through getting the rights back and am still recovering. Book sales for that particular book have been down since Sept. of 2013 when I signed up with a publisher that did not market it. I went from making a few hundred dollars a month to royalty payments of 10 -20 dollars every 3 months. Due to the stress from that, and a host of other things, I dropped out of school this past April. 

The good news is that I am still alive. I am once again taking care of myself. And yes, I am still represented on Facebook. 

I have the Author Lynny Prince page that I will occasionally update with book news. And I will post on the main Lynny Prince page occasionally, too, like when I publish a new post here. 

The bottom line is that if people really want to keep up with what I am up to, this blog is going to be the best way to do it. Blogging is free, there are no ads popping up in the news feed, no horrfic pictures, no hate speech, no racisits lurking to start trouble, nothing. It is a clean page to write what is going on in my life in a safe and friendly atmosphere. Plus, I post tips, tricks, and hacks for just about anything in life that needs a tip, trick or hack; Publishing, health issues, diet, all kinds of things.

And it won't get lost in your news feed! 

I hope you all will come here and keep up with my and my love's adventures. It will be like old times....you can even leave comments LOL

YOU ARE LOVED! 
LP

Comments

  1. <3 Refreshing to read Lynny. Best of life to you, Matt, and family....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.... THIS is where you've been hiding!!!!! LOL! Anyway, I'll be following and hope to see you in December in Lower Brule!!! - Lou Fuentes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just happy you're okay. I've seriously been thinking of doing the same thing. I love you, Sister. -Éilísh Hawes-Fraser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to make that decision, Eilish. FB is just not worth all the time and headaches! <3

      Delete
  4. I'm just happy you're okay. I've seriously been thinking of doing the same thing. I love you, Sister. -Éilísh Hawes-Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you're ok..will follow you here Lynny...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts