Summer News!

Hi everyone! I hope your summer is going great so far!

I have been very busy and just returned from a two week trip to Texas, where we took part in filming a documentary called "Shattering Sacred Ground",  a very important story about how fracking is destroying West Texas and the beautiful natural springs there. I encourage each and every one of you to visit the website to learn more about this incredibly important film.

Fracking is affecting us all in this country, no matter where you live, I promise you there is something going on in your state. Fracking, gas pipelines, oil pipelines, it is happening all over this country. Notices are placed in the newspaper for permits these companies file for, so I encourage you to look in your local paper to see what is being done in your state.

Another important story we were a  part of is "Their Last Ride", a documentary that tells the story of the horses that pass down Hwy. 17 on their last ride to slaughter plants in Mexico. I am thrilled to tell you that a song I wrote will be featured in this film, and I am very excited about that! Please visit that site to check out this important film.

We had a great time while there in Texas, and as it turns out a musician friend of mine was two hours away from us and came down to participate in the documentaries. Our "Drumming for Awareness" (I coined that phrase lol)  was a hit and two more drummers showed up to drum in the desert, as well!
All in all, it was an incredible trip and we were thrilled to be a part of it all!

Hope your summer is going well.....it's almost over already and you know what that means...it's almost time for HALLOWEEN!

Til next time, enjoy the rest of your summer!

Peace and love!

~LP
Get my book Talking to Ghosts here! 

Comments

Popular Posts