The Magic of Healing!

What an exciting time for the Ghostkillers!! As we all eagerly anticipate the beginning of filming the movie, things are working behind the scenes to move it all along even quicker than I'd hoped! BUT, it's the things we can't see that are working the hardest, and always have been.

The main message in the book Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller is that faith can move mountains. "With the faith of a mustard seed," James Ghostkiller quoted from the bible. No matter what happened to our hero Kyle, or his band of merry side kicks, they never lost faith. Even Nina, in all her timid misgivings and insecurities, she knew faith was the key. For those who have read the book, you know that the only character in the story who lacked enough faith was Father O'Rourke, the priest at St. Paul's Catholic Church. How ironic! But the point is that faith is the healer. Faith will bring you through. Does Father O'Rourke ever come to terms with this? Well, to me, he HAS to. In the second book, he is forced to deal with things he has no control over and must turn it over to God and it's the Indians who teach him that. The Indians have always had an impenetrable relationship with God, even when the Black Robes came and tried to break that connection. The ceremonies were still performed in hiding, way off in the strongholds of the plains, in shacks and caves, anywhere they could, and because of this most of the ceremonies were able to be passed onto the future generations.

Whenever I am asked who my heroes are I say, "Those who fought and died to keep the treaties intact!" or some closely related variation. My heroes didn't always kill cowboys, but they stood up for what was right and the basic human condition we all fight for- LIFE. My own people in my family tree have always done that, and yours have, too. Anyone who has ever stood up for their rights in whatever capacity, did so with the knowledge that it is our GOD GIVEN right to be who we are. Because we are born into this skin, whatever color it is, along with that color comes responsibility to teach our young about their heritage. As human beings, however, we owe it to ourselves to be true to who we are and to protect our families in the process. And we do. This is what the Ghostkillers did in the first book and in the second and third, they will help other families do the same. But it is only through FAITH that they are successful. If they lose that, they will lose everything and history will remain as it is.  

The Trail of Tears is the subject of my research these days, and as I did with The Great Sioux Uprising, I will rely on the ones who were there to tell me their stories. How I do that is another matter all together, but suffice is to say that I will tell it to the best of my ability while giving them the dignity and respect they all deserve as human beings and I'll accomplish it with a healthy dose of FAITH, I can assure you.

Now, I must sign off as I await the arrival of my daughter and 3 granddaughters for the Christmas holiday! It'll be three weeks of "fun" with us all crammed in this little house, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Have a great day everyone!
Love, peace and frybread grease,
Lynny

Comments

  1. This is so true.

    So many know it, and yet so few practice it!

    Yet, it will and must change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts