Tornadoes, Atlanta and the book business, oh my!

Hello again everybody....

As most of you know, I just got back from Atlanta where I was included in meetings with some very high profile attorneys for the movie company. The meeting went well and my husband and I were happy to be a part of it, helping out in the pitch as best we could. We went through that terrible outbreak of tornadoes to get down there, and to say that the trip was terrifying is putting it mildly. I took videos all the way down there and kept my FB page updated, as well. My friends and fans of the book nervously kept up with our trip, some checking the radar and helping us to navigate through the worst of the storms. Later, when I saw the damage on TV, I was floored. Areas that we drove through were devastated and it is hard to comprehend just how bad it is unless you see it firsthand. I even got a pic of one of the tornadoes as we outran it!


I tried to take video on the way home, however my camera on my phone would not cooperate so that didn't work out. I feel that somehow I was not to video tape it so I left it at that.

Yesterday I met and hired my own attorney. Its costing me a bundle, but it must be done if I am to protect myself. I had a pretty good grasp on what I needed to do legally concerning the psycho screenwriter and the most recent psycho journalist, but it was good to hear it first hand and know that I am fully protected against those who wish to defame me and/or steal my story.

I also found out that I am an entity LOL I own the trademark on Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller which makes all things Scattered Leaves my intellectual property. I can issue a license to use it and make a few dollars off of that, as well. Nice to know in a business where I am swimming with sharks. And what a relief to know that I am protected now from those who wish to try to take advantage of me and my naivete.

So, present and future authors be warned; get an attorney. Even if you have to beg, borrow or steal to do it, get one because I can guarantee you that in this business, no one will look out for your best interests except you.  

The new and improved Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller book will be out very, very soon! Maybe we should ask Kyle Ghostkiller about that? Hum....marketing ideas out the wazoo here!!

Stay tuned and be blessed!
Lynny Prince

Comments

  1. I am so glad that no harm came to either of you! That was nerve wracking for me and I wasn't even driving there! You are so amazing Lynny! It's been a joy to be a part of your journey and I look for many more exciting things ahead for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts