The Journey Continues....

Since I hired an attorney, (and everyone went a little crazy) things are finally quieting down and I am able to focus my energies on finishing up Scattered Leaves: Beyond the Legend, the second book in The Ghostkiller Trilogy. Of all the negative things I have been faced with lately, the one thing I've learned is to keep a clear head, don't say anything in anger, stay positive, and let the spirits lead the way. It's been a very interesting ride so far, to say the least. I'm happy to report that everything is FULL STEAM AHEAD! (Details later)

Now, getting back to the business of book writing- I am dedicating this blog to those who understand what it means to be a writer. I read something this morning that honestly put it into words better than I ever could. I found the following quote from Winston Churchill and decided to share it here:

“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.”

It's easy for people who don't write for a living to judge those of us who do. It's nice to know that down through the ages there are those who really understand and have left quotes, such as the one above, that remain timeless. Thank you, Winston Churchill!

I am busy as a bee with query letters lately. I intend to find a literary agent who can place me with a legitimate publishing house. The goal is to get these novels out to the people who enjoy my work and the sooner the better.

My advice for this week is when it comes to business, always, always keep it professional and don't ever settle for less. Surround yourself with positive and never allow the negative in. It is the most important thing you can do.

Til next time....


Peace and love,
Lynny Prince

Comments

Popular Posts