Special request....

As you all know I'm an author, but what many of you might not know is that I also write poetry. Like my mother before me, I am also a poet and it is one of my most beloved pastimes (besides riding horses, of course!) I plan to publish a book in the future of my mother's poetry and will include some of mine, as well. I'll keep you posted on that :)

When I was younger, I wrote with all the teenage angst I could muster, then as I grew older I usually wrote when I was upset. It was a great outlet, and that poetry helped a lot when faced with emotional delimas. Now that I am older, I mostly write about spiritual experiences because I have learned that the spirits that protect me are listening.

I was recently asked by a fan if I would consider sharing one or two of my poems on my blog. I enthusiastically agreed. I usually share my poetry on Facebook, but this one is new and I have not posted it yet. My Facebook page is where I share a lot of my work with the fans of the book, Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller, but my FB page is private, so you have to be a friend to see my posts. For those who are not, come on over and send me a request! In the meantime, this is for you, and its also for anyone who loves poetry. I give you "Spirits". Enjoy!

  

Spirits are moving me
Quietly soothing me
Keeping me focused and pure
Helping and guiding me
Standing beside of me
Of this I'm certain and sure
The way that I walk
And the way that I talk
Is carefully spoken and soft
When I speak of their names
And the truth they contain
I feel love from the angels aloft
They know me
They mold me
Sometimes gently scold me
When my heart feels like losing its faith
But they're patient and kind
Always taking their time
And are always my saving grace

© 2011 Lynny Prince all rights reserved

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts