Thanksgiving Eve

What a day it has been! Ya know, I started this blog to talk a little bit about what its like to be a published author and the movie process that I am living in right now, but I've decided that it's not enough to just read about that part of my life when other aspects are far more important since they make me, Lynny Prince, human.

I am seeing a therapist and not many people know that. Childhood trauma along with other things in my past warrant it, and I must say, I am thriving because of it. More about that later, but suffice is to say that it has done me a world of good so don't be afraid to reach out if you need it.

It was a busy day today and my first stop:  I visited some old folks in a nursing home. I used to avoid nursing homes because they reminded me of my grandmother, who died only 6 weeks after being put in one, but I am in the process of healing old wounds so I went. What an AWESOME experience! My husband did some singing and speaking to the elders there and was a huge hit with them, of course. He spoke to all women and what woman wouldn't want to sit and listen to a good looking young man like my husband? And boy, did they drink him up! He sang with a hand drum, and as he sang I looked over at one of the women and watched her small, crinkled hand keep perfect tempo with the drumming, her foot tapping in time, too. All the women just loved the things Matt said and it did my heart good to be there. I didn't sing along this time, as I just wanted to sit and be a participant, letting him bask and glow as only he can. God, I love that man!

Prior to the visit, we met my friend Harmony at a restaurant and had a marvelous conversation about religion and the spirit world. It was so nice to just visit and talk with her. What a joy she is to be around; so intelligent and witty. She sings in a band and is a great singer, too. Her voice is smooth and her tone is like warm butter. Nice.

I went to the grocery when I got home, Matt went to work to finish up before our trip to the big city which came later. At the store, I was surrounded by people shopping for last minute Thanksgiving goodies. The mayhem and madness was great and the whole idea of anticipating the holiday tomorrow warmed my heart and made me nostalgic in a good way, not sad as I usually am. Yes, things are changing for me in that department.

When evening came, we headed back to town for a surprise party for an old high school friend. Was a treat to see him after so many years! I think it had been 25 years or so. Meeting his family and friends was so nice and it made me a bit nostalgic again, for the old days when my family used to get together. We don't do it as often as we used to and that makes me sad, but is ok because I am spending time with other people who are bringing me up out of my depression, another place people don't usually picture me.

I'm telling you all this because many people think I am living a fantasy life with everything going on right now, but I am just like you with ups and downs and all the in-betweens that go with it. It's been a long, hard road to get here and I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it! Healing is part of my success and if it weren't for that, I would've shriveled up long ago. There is no shame in asking for help; the shame comes when it lays in hiding and consumes you til your broken. I. Won't. Be. Broken. Ever. Again.

So in closing, I wish you all health, happiness, good friends, loving family and great food for Thanksgiving! Remember to look around and count your blessings always and never forget to say "I love you."

Be well and gain weight tomorrow! I know I will and that's ok, too. It only comes once a year!
Lynny

Comments

Popular Posts