Updates, news and Oh, how I've missed you!

November already? Where does the time go!?

I haven't blogged in about 3 weeks due to the fact that I have been on a whirlwind of adventure and mis-adventure both! Now that my family and I have recouped, the blogging continues!

To recap the month of October, I have hired a consultant who is helping me get the book ready to present to a few literary agents that he knows. I have been busily working on what seems like a ton of things at once, first being the new book trailer. It has had about 422 hits since its debut a month ago and that's not bad!  14 views a day, roughly, and I haven't even advertised it that much yet! I am hesitant to do so with no book to sell with it. The Scattered Leaves eBook is doing well, but I know most people really want a hard copy to hold, so I am holding out for that before I really get into it. Once I have the new contract, my publisher will take over the advertising anyway and I will sell the hell out of some books then!

Anyhow, I am busy working on the next book, too, tentatively titled, Ghostkiller: Beyond the Legend. It is a bit daunting since I have not written since Scattered Leaves was completed in 2006. I have it all in my head so now comes the hard part of putting it on paper.

I am happy with the new connections I've made this past month, too. Various networking avenues have been opened to me and I plan to take advantage of all of them that I can. My consultant recommended Scribd and I signed up for it today. It's an online place for writers and readers, among other people, but a great tool for getting your name out there as an author. For the next 3 weeks, I will put a chapter a week up from the first book on my Scribd site, so if you are wondering what Scattered Leaves is all about, now is your chance to read a good bit of it for free!

Remember, The Ghostkiller Trilogy is a series of paranormal, Native American novels that re-write history. In these books you can forget everything you know about how the West was won- the spirits have a story to tell....

Have a great week!
Lynny

Comments

Popular Posts