HAPPY DECEMBER!



Hello friends,

WOW! What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been! I hope you are all doing well and did not overindulge too much over the holiday! I actually didn't, it was after the holiday that I got mixed up with all that fast food again. Being so busy its hard not to, but I am back at it now and eating healthy again. (My arteries thank me every time I take that baby aspirin, too LOL)

I am super excited to tell you that the long-awaited release of my book, "Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller" is finally happening! This newly edited version comes complete with a brand new cover! I chose to continue to use the painting by Daved C. Behrens titled "Founding Fathers" not only because of the powerful statement that the painting makes, but also because SL fans, and those new fans who've seen the book and have been waiting for it to come out, expect to see it on the cover.

 I just LOVE this new cover and hope you do, too! I had the opportunity to catch up with David, the artist of this incredible painting, and he told me his website is undergoing major revamping (I know all about that lol) so if you try to visit his site (www.davidbehrens.com) please note that it might not be working just yet. (FYI I include his web address in the book)


So, I keep saying this is newly revised and edited, and it is. My editor spent the past several months working on this with me and boy, did she ever do a great job! As any writer/author knows, it is impossible to edit your own work. Your brain does not see mistakes because in your mind, it all makes sense and flows just fine –  (Ever see those emails where you can read all the words even though they are misspelled? Yea, like that.) but for your readers, not so much. Anyway, this book is now the best it can be and I am so proud of it!

Also included in this revised edition is a forward which gives an historical overview behind the story. This is very important because the history plays such an important role. Not only does it set the stage by providing the base of the story through the Great Sioux Uprising, but it puts a face on the Dakota involved, and paints a different picture by telling their side of this story. A lot of innocent lives were lost, but that is true on BOTH sides. Readers must also understand what drove the Dakota to such extremes that they started the war in the first place. I am not a history teacher, but I think there are enough facts in this book that everyone will get the idea. Like I said, I am super excited about this version of the book and can't wait for it to be released. What's that? When, did you ask?

DECEMBER 10 is the big day! UPDATE: ORDER YOURS NOW! order the book and get it personalized by yours truly. I am offering this only until I run out of the books I have, so if you haven't ordered one yet and want it signed, you better get it quick!

I have a new book trailer, too! (Of course!) check it out and let me know what you think.


There are a few changes to this trailer that reflect more about the story.

"The Spirits have a Story to Tell". . .INDEED!

Well, that's all for now. I am so looking forward to my next blog where I will talk about my brand new company, Ghostkiller Entertainment. So many good things are happening right now, and I can't wait to share it with those of you reading this! Even you haters out there!! 

So til next time, love, peace and fry bread grease!

Lynny Prince

Comments

Popular Posts