Summertime and the livin' is easy...

Hello again blogger fans,

I am behind on my updates, so let's get right down to it, shall we?

As you all know, I am working hard to get the film "Ghostkiller" off the ground and to this end, I have designed a killer t-shirt to help promote the book and film all at the same time. I do plan to sell these, so stay tuned for updates on that! That's my hunky husband modeling his -------->>>

To understand why the story means so much, you have only to read the blog I wrote while readying for my visit to the Mankato powwow last year. It's called Four Days. 

To me, this story is more than a book; it teaches real history that is not taught in school. To make a film about it would be a real chance to heal the past. 
What will a film do? In the right hands, it will reach millions of people, and tell the real story of our Nation's history in a pill (entertainment) that's easy to swallow. Moreover, it will give hope. How? Well, what do you think a Native American hero could do for Native Americans? How could he affect the youth? Positive role models are needed in every culture. But this would give hope too, not only to a people who have been suppressed for hundreds of years, but to all of us. We need a hero. Someone to come forward and say, THE SPIRITS HAVE A STORY TO TELL. The past gives us clues to our future. 

I had an actor tell me once that if a film were made where the Indians won the west, it would piss a lot of people off. He is not Native American, but he fakes it really well and has made a ton of money off the backs of his so-called genealogy. (I'm not being judgmental here. This guy started his career saying he was Italian) I will not be detoured. I will not stop until this film is made. I cannot. 

I have a friend who works with Johnny Depp. I sent him two t-shirts; one for him and one for Johnny as a 50th birthday gift. As you may recall, I sent him a book last year. What are the chances of him working with my friend on two separate movies within a year, and me having the opportunity to send him gifts relating to Ghostkiller? It's never happened to anyone I have ever heard of. That means something to me. 

I am hopeful that he read the book and found the concept interesting, at least. My book might not be the most literary jewel in the slush pile, but it is a good story and the story is comparable to other films in this genre in terms of return, that is. But I regress. This is not a pitch meeting LOL  

A thank you note from Johnny would be cool, but him wanting to get involved with the Ghostkiller film would be even better. Someone with his star-power could really impact the Native community in a positive way. And let me just say here for the record, I fully support him playing the role of Tonto in The Lone Ranger for that reason. He has the ability to change minds, lives and stereotypes with his star-power. 

The book tour starts in August, most of which will be a working vacation for us. I so enjoy being on the road and can't wait to see all of you out there! My summer will be tied up with ceremonies until then (August 1), so don't look for much from me til after that. (Unless Johnny calls HA!)

Well, that's it for now. This is short and sweet cuz I'm burning the candle at both ends and need to sleep. (But those who know me know I wouldn't have it any other way!)

Til next time, I wish you love, peace and frybread grease!

Smooches,
LP

Comments

Popular Posts