New eBook is out!

Hello friends! 

 The month of May found me finishing my final classes for my degree, as well as releasing a new cookbook that I've been talking about completing. Both are in the bag! Welcome to my first cookbook, Mug O’Love Desserts from Medicine Hill Farm! 

 These recipes are super easy and perfect for those times when you want something sweet, but don’t want to drag out mixing bowls, mixer, baking pan etc. A simple treat made in a mug in the microwave! I never thought microwave baking was possible, but it sure is and is brimming with yummy goodness in these recipes. All recipes in this eBook are for one individual serving. You can double any recipe to share with a friend, just make sure you give them their own mug or use a ginormous one so you can share! This eBook is FREE for a limited time so go get it while the gettin' is good!

 This month also finds me working on the much anticipated sequel to Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller. Titled Scattered Leaves: Beyond the Legend, this sequel picks up right where the first book left off, with our time travelers returning to see what, if any, changes were made from their trip to the past. If you think you have things figured out about what they will discover on this return trip, think again. I invite you to speculate in an email to me. The first person to email me the correct (speculation) scenario wins a copy of the first printing!                                                         


In Other News:

Matthew and I spent a week in April, both in Washington DC and Green Grass SD, for a rally and then a prayer ceremony against the KXL pipeline. We joined the Cowboy and Indian Alliance in the protest and paraded down Independence Ave. on horse back. In total, Matthew and I logged over 4000 miles that week hauling a tipi the entire time! 
Matthew and I at the Washington DC mall


 We arrived in Washington on Monday, after a long drive from our home in Kentucky that started Easter night. We visited all of the family before we left, and got a hotel in West Virginia before finishing our trek. 

Matthew was so proud to be involved in the rally as a Native horse rider, and I as a walker who carried a flag. 

Reject and Protect parade



He was asked to carry the Ihanktonwan Treaty Staff, the staff used during the signing of the 1851 and 1868 Treaties. Incredible! 

The crowds were numerous, and the journalists and reporters there scrambled to speak to the Natives.The impact of what we did there will be felt for a long time, I think. It took many people, much planning and coordinating, but what was accomplished cannot be measured. It brought people who, throughout history, have been enemies. Cowboys and Indians have not gotten along very well in the past! Imagine the healing that took place that week in Washington! 
Green Grass, SD


Wednesday we were off to Green Grass, SD. and the ceremony there. It was such an honor to pray with the White Buffalo Calf Pipe at Green Grass. Humbled is not a strong enough word to express how I felt to be the only blonde head in a sea of dark hair, accepted among the people there. Now, as my fans know I am Native American, but my looks deceive and let's face it, looks are the first thing you are judged on, actions come next. I feel that because of what we accomplished in Washington, those in Green Grass had an idea of who I was as a fighter and ally, before I arrived. I can't tell you how honored I was to be there and the significance of where we were and what were we there to do was just incredible. 

I have two photo albums on my Facebook page that commemorate both events. Here and here.

In other news, I have a new website that I am slowly transferring over to. You can check it out here.

There is another eBook on the way; I'm releasing my poetry book in the next few weeks. I'll send out info then that becomes available. Alot of people love the poems I post on Facebook, so I am combining them with the darker stuff I used to write. It's not easy putting my deepest, darkest secrets out there, but that's what poetry really is, isn't it?

Well, that's it for now. I hope you all have had a wonderful spring so far. I'm looking forward to a long, hot summer myself!

Til next time, I wish you love, peace and frybread grease!

Lynny Prince

                                                                                       


Comments

  1. Yum... frybread... you sure do know the way to a readers heart. (((HUGS))) Remember, next time you are in Ashland, KY... PM me on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts