Hollywood.....oh, the possibilities!


I am asked all the time how I managed to option my book, Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller, to Hollywood and to answer that question is best done in just one little word: Networking!

I have run through the full gamut of bullshitters over the past 4 years. Those "professionals" who are really sharks in disguise, only to be disappointed time and time again. In the case of my latest option deal, (a legit one) I met this producer through a mutual friend of a friend. You just can't have too many friends and who they know are only a few hello's away from you.



I have read that you are only 6 degrees away from meeting anyone in the world. Someone you know, knows someone who knows someone who knows the person of interest. You get the idea. My problem in the past was putting my trust into people with no attorney present, a mistake that will never happen again. What I was left with was empty promises, nothing accomplished, and wasted time.


This time around, I am blessed to be dealing with real professionals who know their way around Hollywood and who also are eager to keep the story intact as much as possible. There are a few really great changes that make it dynamic and exciting. I just can't wait to share it with you all!


For now, I will share with you an article that points out a few things to keep in mind while researching an option deal. I found this very informative and oh so true, at least in my experience, anyway.
It seems simple, but unless you know the basics, you're in for a nightmare of a time. Just a small amount of educating yourself can save you a lot of heartache. I know!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_(filmmaking)



Comments

Popular Posts