Four Days

Here I go! The tour started last weekend with a local venue. We had a fabulous time at West Point, KY. and look forward to next year.

The town of Moccasin Flats in the book is a real town named Mankato, MN. This weekend I am going to Mankato. I am humbled beyond words to have been invited to take part in the commemorative powwow taking place this weekend in Memory Park. One hundred and fifty years ago at this very moment, the uprising was taking place. Innocent people died in that place, white and Indian. I am hopeful that someone will be gracious enough to take us around to the actual battle sites. I feel a really strong connection to this place and, since I wrote about it, I need to see it. Not just for myself; when I say the spirits have a story to tell, I mean they are still telling it. Now to go see what they have shown me in the flesh.

It will be hard. I know because I've already been there twice, but my visits were fleeting - only 24 hours or less. This time, I will be there for four days. FOUR DAYS, a sacred number. Four days to meet the families. Four days to go to the places they have shown me, to put tobacco down for all those who lost their lives. Four days to feel those who are still there to stand in the place where they spent their last night...

I pray with each breath that I have done well with this book, that the remaining families who I will meet will be pleased and say that I have shown honor to their relatives. I pray these things because this means something to them. These are their relatives who lost their lives trying to save their land, trying to feed their families. These men were cut down far too soon. The settlers who lost their lives were mostly innocent of any wrong doing. The healing that is taking place there is tangible. I felt it at the ride at Christmas last year. The town is trying hard to heal. I hope that I have been a help and not a hindrance. If only Kyle and the others could really go back and stop it before anyone died. If only.

So it is with this post, I leave you with one thought: Pray for healing for all. If the most powerful thing we have inside of us is the power of love, send it out. To those living and to ones who have passed. Take the energy and project positive. It is the only way to bring peace.

Til next time I wish you love, peace and frybread grease!

~LP

Comments

Popular Posts