The Adventures of Author Lynny Prince!

I should probably change my blog name to "The Adventures of Author Lynny Prince" because that is my life in a nutshell. Every time I turn around, there is a new adventure around the bend!

Sorry I didn't update on the Dakota 38 ride; there was simply too much going on. Getting up before dawn, rounding up the horses, riding all day, eating and then a shower, didn't net anyone enough time to do more than collapse in the bed at the end of the day. I didn't ride everyday, but I participated everyday. Just being there was a joy. Prayer every morning and before meals, singing in the car with my sis in law, or just laying my head on my husband's chest every night, listening as his heart told the story of his day, and how much it meant to him to be there. It was all a fantastic journey I will never forget!

We are home now, and as busy as magpies in a cow pasture. We just finished the first flash mob/Idle No More event. There are more planned and I will post them on my FB pages when the time comes. I am writing like mad, trying to tie up loose ends for the release of my mothers' book, After the Glitter Fades: Wartime Poems and Other Musings. So excited about that!

Today, I want to elaborate a little bit more on the dream I had about Johnny Depp. I posted about this on my Facebook page, but there is more to the story and I wanted to share it here.

As some of you know, I had some tests run a couple of weeks ago. Due to some stomach issues, I had an endoscope to look at my stomach and see what was wrong. Aside from a bit of gastritis (inflammation) I am fine, however, I have had a sore throat ever since I woke up from the anesthesia. Yesterday, I finally broke down and went to the doctor. I have never had a sore throat for this long in my life! The sinus stuff I am dealing with was bothersome, too; headache, ears hurting etc., so, I went to my doctor. She didn't really see anything going on in my throat - that's when she told me something that hit me like a ton of bricks. "It is possible that they damaged your vocal cords during the procedure."

As many of you are aware, I am a singer. Singing, to me, is my escape, my one joy in life that I can express anytime, anywhere. No need to prove anything to anybody. No critiques like with my writings, no pressure, no competition to deal with, I just SING and it just HAPPENS and it's the best way for me to unwind and let go, and express my inner most emotions about EVERYTHING. I have been told I have a good voice - no, I have been told I have a GREAT voice, in fact! Not trying to sound conceded, just trying to drive home a point; if a doctor tells a singer that their vocal cords might be damaged, it is devastating news. I wasn't devastated because I really feel like this is a sinus issue, but the thought was in the back of my mind, "What if it's true?"

So, I prayed before I went to bed about things. I thanked the Creator for my good health and I prayed about the antibiotics that I started taking, and them being the answer to finally ridding me of this horrible sore throat I have. (I don't have tonsils, and it's not strep) I posted the dream on FB, as I said earlier, but I'll repeat it here in case you did not see the FB post:

I dreamed about Johny Depp last night. A long and lengthy dream, it was. Of course, the memory of it is fading in my waking hours, but in the dream, he asked me to sing to him and in doing so, convince him why he needed to be involved in Ghostkiller. We stared into each others eyes, and I never wavered, just stared at him and sang my song..... and he listened, intently, and then I began speaking to him about the story. He was amused, entertained and knowledgeable about it because he had already read the book. Then he said yes, he wanted to be involved. In my dream, this happened. Johnny, if you're out there, the cosmos has spoken!!!

This dream, to me, was the spirits' way of letting me know all is well with my voice. For those who follow this blog and know about the Ghostkiller Movie already, you know the struggles I have faced with the film. You know the struggles I have faced as an author, too. So to me, this dream just let's me know that my voice is going to fine, because I will be singing for Johnny Depp someday soon, and when I do, he will say yes to anything I want LOL J/K!!! Seriously, there is messages in dreams, and I believe I am going to be a-okay in no time.

Soon, I will have news to share about the second book in the Ghostkiller Trilogy, as well as other things going on. Keep on praying that things go well; this movie is on a roll! 

So, til next time, I wish you love, peace and frybread grease!

~LP

Popular Posts